Sunday, January 20, 2013

Not Much of an Update

Well, I had my first orientation last weekend.  It was okay...  I kind of feel like I didn't really receive any information and everything they told us was either obvious or already known.  But what was cool about it was that I found out I am not the only outbound to Peru from my district!  There is another girl going with me from Minneapolis!  It is relieving to know there will be a familiar face with me on my exchange (or in a nearby city)  We were told we would probably be in Lima, but this is not completely certain.  We should know our official city/family placement by May/June.  This seemed quite late to me... but I'll be so busy with preparations I probably won't even notice the time pass.

I think it would be amazing to live in Lima.  According to Wikipedia the population is 7,605,742.  Considering I have lived in a town of 8,000 my whole life, this would be quite an adjustment.  But I think it would be really awesome to live in such a big city.  So many opportunities and things to do/see. And its right on the coast!




Well, I haven't done much when it comes to preparations, so far.  I began my passport application quite a while ago, before I was even accepted to the program.  I just need to go get my passport photos taken and I'll be ready to officially apply.



Some llamas (or perhaps alpacas) chillin' at Machu Picchu


I'll talk to ya later!



No comments:

Post a Comment