Sunday, April 14, 2013

Third Orientation Complete

Hey everyone!

So I had my third and final orientation yesterday.  I was a little sick but it went well.  First we talked about airline stuff, insurance stuff (didn't understand a word of it), and safety stuff and then after lunch we broke into groups to present our speeches. (Just like 4 minute introductory speeches about ourselves).  My group (consisting of girls going to Peru, Chile, and Colombia) presented mostly in Spanish-- 4 of the 6 girls did it completely in Spanish, myself included :).  However, we were presenting to parents of students going to Greenland, Norway, and Denmark... so no one really understood what we were saying lol.  Then we just kind of chatted a little until the end.  Laura (the other girl going to Peru with me) and I still don't know our districts, cities, families, or schools.  The 2 girls going to Chile both have their cities, and the girls going to Colombia both have their districts.  We thought we would definitely be going to Lima, but it's looking like we might actually be somewhere else.  We'll see.  Here's some pics of the orientation:

We received our fancy rotary jackets, pins, and business cards! Throughout their year, students collect pins/badges from other students and put them on their blazer. 

South America girls!!  From left: Me (Peru), Laura (Peru), Miranda (Colombia), Abbey (Colombia), Ellen (Chile), Nikita (Chile)!

Me and Laura with the Peruvian flag!



Also, here's another pic of the pins I made:



Well, I guess that's all I have to say!

See ya!
-Ginger

DAYS TILL PERU:  104

Also!!  Over 1,000 people have viewed my blog and I haven't even left yet lol ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment