Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring time!

Well, not quite spring time here in northern Wisconsin-- nearly April and still a good amount of snow covering the ground.  But it's supposed to be up to 45 degrees today!! :)

I recently had 2 of my 3 immunizations:  Typhoid and Hepatitis A.  They didn't hurt too bad at first, but for the next two days both arms (one shot in each) were really sore...also got a supply of malaria pills (malarone; for when I travel into the Amazon area).

I also went to my first Rotary meeting today.  I introduced myself and spoke a little bit about how I got involved in the program and said a little about where I'm going (although I couldn't say much since I still don't have my district or city yet).  I was pretty nervous, but everyone was nice.  Too bad I don't have my Rotary Jacket yet-- with that thing on you instantly can do anything and fear nothing.

And I have my third and final orientation in the beginning of April.  I'm really looking forward to it; we get our rotary jackets, the chance to take photos with everyone, and it means that it will be only a short time before everyone will start departing for their countries.

I've been checking my email about 15 times a day (and the junk folder of course) scouting for news on my city/family but no luck so far.  A couple of the people in the group I started on facebook (Rotary Youth Exchange to Peru 2013-2014) are beginning to find out their cities and families.  Hopefully I'll know soon!


Made my pins!  :)


I LEAVE FOR PERU IN: 120 days

No comments:

Post a Comment