Monday, January 6, 2014

Beach Trip

So yesterday my host family decided to take a day trip and we drove about an hour and a half to a beach outside of Lima called Asia.  But we didn't go directly to the beach, first we stopped at a commercial area, I don't really know what it was, a few blocks from the beach and browsed around the stores and we had lunch.  We ate at a pollo a la brasa place (chicken and french fries) and I enjoyed a refreshing frozen lemonade.  At that point I was already exhausted from walking around in the unbelievable heat (It was probably 80 or 85 degrees, and in the sun).  After lunch we had ice cream, and for my two flavors I chose cappuccino and maracuya (tangy jungle fruit), which are delicious flavors when served separately but don't go particularly well together hahaha. 

Then we drove a few more blocks to the beach.  Weirdly enough, by the time we arrived at the beach, the sun had gone away and it was significantly cooler, which I actually preferred because it and been terribly hot.  My host brother and host dad swam and me and my host mom just relaxed on towels in the sand, and I took a lot of pictures. There were some decent waves at first, and a couple people surfing, but the waves died down after a little while.  There wasn't a ton of people where we were at, so it was nice and peaceful. 

This turned out better than I was expecting
Kind of cloudy and foggy, but actually comfortable temperature-wise
I love Macro!  Wish it were clearer though...I need a super macro setting haha
And of course, tons of black and white photos:

These two were being ridiculously adorable
One of the surfers
Brothers
Hello there.

So yeah, we hung out at the beach for a few hours and then drove back into Lima.  It was a tiring day.

-Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment