Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First World Probs

 I have a funny story to share.  So for the last few weeks I had been pondering what to get for gifts for my first host family (host mom, 3 adult host brothers, 15 year old host sister).  No matter who I asked, I ended up with the same answer:  shirts from your favorite sports team.  However, since I don't follow any teams (or care for any professional sports) I decided to settle on Wisconsin Badgers shirts for my three host brothers (simply for the purpose of representing my state).  I ordered three shirts from Ebay (new, not used) and decided on size large (I mean, they are 24, 23, and 23 years old).  However, I did not take into account two very important things.

A:  Peruvians are typically shorter and skinnier than the average American.
B:  Americans are typically wider and bigger than the average....person from most other countries.

So when the shirts arrived, I was astounded by how large they were.  They were ENORMOUS.  My mom washed them in boiling water, hoping desperately that they would shrink.  And they did, slightly.  I had my brother try one on and it's a tad large, but I think it'll be alright.

I also got a Peruvian flag (for myself), a Wisconsin flag (for myself), a Wisconsin Flag iron-on patch (for my host sister's rotary jacket), and a Wisconsin magnet (for the family).  I'll upload a pic later.  Today I also came across some cow key-chains that light up and moo when you push a little button.  I got two, one for my rotary jacket and one for my host sister's :)

School is finally over and I had the ACTs a few days ago. 

Keep it real!
-Ginger

DAYS TO PERU:48

No comments:

Post a Comment