Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ⓛⓔⓐⓥⓘⓝⓖ Ⓢⓞⓞⓝ

I practice-packed yesterday!  I am going to be checking one large suitcase, and hopefully only carrying on a backpack.  However, the weight of my bag was slightly concerning haha

First Weighing:  47.3 lbs
Second Weighing:  47.1 lbs

The max weight for checked bags through Delta is 50 lbs, so I was alarmingly close to the max.  And I had a few small things to add in yet.  Plus I wanted to bring quite a bit of candy to give away to my classmates and friends and I'm thinking that that might put me over the max 50 lbs.  Hopefully I'll stay underweight.  If not, there are a few items I could consider removing from my packing list/shoving into my backpack.

Well, after a slight incident in miscommunication, my flights have been confirmed! My first flight leaves Minneapolis at 10:25 AM.  Here is a tentative schedule:

3:45 AM:  Wake up and shower
4:15 AM:  Eat something (if my stomach will allow it) and get ready
5:15 AM:  Load up stuff and depart Rice Lake for Minneapolis
7:45 AM: Arrive at airport
7:50 AM: Check in, check bags
 *This is where it gets sketchy because I don't actually have any idea what will happen after this point*
8:00 AM: More confusing airport stuff/security/waiting
10:25 AM:  Depart Minneapolis
*flying*
1:50 PM:  Arrive in Atlanta
2:10 PM:  Meet Lara (from North Carolina) and Connor (from Florida) in Atlanta yaaayy
*more airport stuff I don't understand*
*waiting at gate or something*
5:10 PM: Depart Atlanta
*flying*
10:45 PM:  Arrive in Lima
10:55 PM:  Get bag(s)
*not quite sure here/immigration stuff maybe? idk*
11:10 PM:  Meet familyyyy
11:15 PM:  Drive to San Isidro, Lima
12:30 PM:  Sleep for 14 hours

I quite enjoyed making that itinerary. 

Also, I got my yellow fever vaccine yesterday.  I had planned on getting it in Peru, but then I discovered that we are supposed to get it before we arrive.  So we hurriedly made an appointment in one of the closest places that actually have the yellow fever vaccine (one hour away).  After I got the shot, I had to wait a little while to make sure I wasn't one of the one in 55,000 that have a severe allergic reaction.  I was not. 

I"M LEAVING SOON.  I'M VERY EXCITED TO ARRIVE, MEET MY FAMILY AND ALL THE EXCHANGE STUDENTS, AND GO TO MY SCHOOL.

-Ginger

Days to Peru: 9




No comments:

Post a Comment