Sunday, July 7, 2013

Tres Semanas

I don't really have a purpose for this post, other than to say how quickly the days are passing now. When I had a lot of time left, like 6 months ago, it seemed like this month would never get here and everything was going sooo slowly.  But now I'm finally here and in 3 weeks I'll be flying to Lima.  I don't mean to offend my family and act like I just can't wait to get out of here, but I have been waiting for this for a good two years now and I can't wait to be in Peru.  I have 2 more shifts of work, a short camping trip with my family and grandparents, and then about a week after that I'll be off.

Still waiting on my plane tickets-- my travel agent is on vacation but hopefully I'll hear back from her tomorrow.

Oh and also, my grandparents were looking to support a child through a program (I don't really know how it works, they send money every so often for food/school supplies or something). Anyways, they decided upon Yampier from Peru.  He lives in the northern Sierra, much closer to Ecuador than to Lima.


He wrote "I want to tell you that I like to play soccer and also I like to paint"


And this was just a nice sunset from the 4th of July I thought I'd throw in there haha


-Ginger

DAYS TO PERU: 20

No comments:

Post a Comment