Saturday, July 27, 2013

Leaving Tomorrow

I don't really feel nervous.  Maybe a little jittery and hyper, but mostly I'm just feeling tons of anticipation.  I have everything packed and ready to go (one checked bag, one duffel to carry-on, and my backpack as a personal item).  I'm not worried about arriving in Peru or meeting my family.  At this point I'm more concerned about getting through the airport.  I'm worried something will be wrong with my bags or that I lose something important.  But I won't be alone for any leg of my journey, because I will be accompanied by Laura, plus meeting several others in Atlanta.  I'm just really, really looking forward to starting my adventure.

My next post will either come from in the airport, or from Peru (probably the latter). I'll probably be pretty busy my first few weeks but I'll try to post often.  I'll have Spanish classes starting 2 days after I arrive and I'll begin school in the beginning of August. 

Pictures to come soon, hopefully!

-Ginger

HOURS TO PERU:  13 (well, technically that's how many hours until we depart for the airport)


No comments:

Post a Comment