Monday, September 16, 2013

A Picture Post

This shall be a blog post not on any specific event or day, but on photos: 


When I went to Gamarra (kind of a black market) I bought 2 soccer tees,
above is one of them: it cost 8 soles, about $3

I mentioned in a previous post that an interesting form of advertisement here was through landscaping.  Here is an example of that.
Shacks/slums/ghettos in the outskirts of Lima
This is called Aji.  It is a very spicy chili sauce that people use here.  My host family is impressed when I willingly use it haha
Selling woven baskets in a park in Chosica (north of Lima)
I don't remember if I've posted this photo already.... anyways, this is Chicha Morada: a drink made from purple corn.  Didn't like it very much.

And I've also started something new: taking photos in black and white.  Here are some of the best ones:

Just kind of cool with the lights
Candles in a church in the center of Lima
I don't know why I like this so much, it's just kind of neat. 
This is my favorite photo.  It was a girl studying at a little table on the side of the road. 

1 comment:

  1. Your favorite photos is also one of mine. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete