Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sorry about the mood swing

Well I finished my last post quite depressingly, but that's how it goes here, one minute I'll feel great, so happy to be here, and the next I will feel sick to my stomach, aching with homesickness and dying to go home.  I felt much happier yesterday and had an awesome night.  Emilie and I went over to our friend Chachi's house to watch the soccer game: Peru VS Uruguay.  We lost....but it was still a fun evening including pizza, caramel popcorn, and tons of laughs.  I am so happy that we are finally getting closer with our classmates. 
    Yesterday at school I actually had some good conversation with some classmates.  They admired some drawings I had done in my notebook, complimented me on my spanish, and gushed over my 'blond' hair.  Yes, that's right, I'm apparently blond here.  I was actually sitting in my chair while several people sat behind me, holding my hair and gushing over how soft, long, and beautiful it is.  It was the funniest thing ever. 
   
Me and sleepy Emilie
Also, I found cheese from Wisconsin in a peruvian grocery store.  I was so excited.

-Ginger

1 comment:

  1. Ginger, so glad you are feeling a bit happier. I remember having some very sad days when I was away in Alaska (and I was older than you by a few years), but other days were wonderful and I was better for the experience. Try to count your blessings each night and learn something new each day. We love you and think about you and talk about you in Peru, don't think you are out of site out of mind! Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog with us! Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete