Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Good Start to my Vacation

So, as I mentioned, we had school on Monday and then the rest of the week we have off!  At first I wasn't actually thrilled by this news, because I figured it would just lead to me sitting in the house watching movies all day.  But I've managed to go out and spend some time with friends.

On Tuesday, my host mom,  my best friend Emilie from Denmark, and my other best friend Chachi (a classmate at school), and I all went to Callao, a district of Lima on the coast. 

First we went to a place called Real Felipe, which I think was like a castle/fortress thing...not sure...anyways we toured around that place and it was a little bit boring listening to the guide, but me and Emilie and Chachi enjoyed each others' company. 

Emilie and I at Real Felipe
After Real Felipe, we went to another spot in Callao called La Punta (in english= the point).  We just walked around and checked out the beach (but not to go swimming, much too cold) and came across a display of different country's flags, and the flags were made out of flowers!  It was interesting.  While we were looking at the flags, several people asked us where we were from, and then asked to take pictures with us!  It was so great!  I love being a gringa (sometimes) haha.

A lovely shot
Emilie and I at the beach
Chachi and Emilie at the beach
And this was a photo that Chachi took, and I edited. I really like it

After that, we ate pollo a la brasa (chicken and french fries) at a restaurant and then returned to my house, where we proceeded to watch Twilight: New Moon on my laptop hahahaha.  It was an awesome day, we laughed a lot and had a ton of fun, it made me really happy.

The next day I chilled at my house for most of the day and then went to Mcdonald's with a classmate, and then we were going to go to another classmate's house but we weren't sure how to get there, so we just went back to my house and watched a movie. 

And today I am planning on going to the birthday party of another exchange student!  It should be really fun.  I'm glad I've had something to go do each of the days of my vacation so far.  It's been an enjoyable couple of days and I'm feeling good!

Also, one other thing, my host mom bought cheese from Wisconsin today (a brand called Crystal Farms I believe).  It was delightful. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ginger

    Crystal Farms is good cheese and found in my refrigerator often! I am glad you had a good vacation!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete