Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Life is Wonderful

Hello world!  I'm in a fabulous mood this fine evening, and not even for any particular reason.  I just feel quite content in this moment!  Let's see, my last post... I was describing the beginning of my week long vacation from school.  Well, that vacation has ended (it was quite nice) and I am back at school. 

Some highlights from my week so far:

  • Stopped at McDonalds with a few classmates yesterday
  • Played volleyball in gym class (quite a nice change from the tumbling skills we've been working on for the last two months...)
  • Got some info on prom!  Yeah, I get to go to my school's prom!  It's in December, and will be held at a hotel here.  I'm excited!
  • Got some info about a trip!  It's called the Viaje de Promo-- basically it's the equivalent of a senior year trip.  The oldest grade here (quinto) has decided to take their trip to Tarapoto, a city in the jungle.  They'll be staying for 4 days and 3 nights.  I and the other 3 exchange students were informed 2 days ago that we will be allowed to go on this trip.  Unfortunately, due to the short notice in which they informed us (the trip is next week....) and the cost, 2 of us 4 exchange students will not be going.  However, I will be going!  I'm so pumped!!  I'm so unbelievably lucky to have all these opportunities. 
  • I'm still learing lots of jerga (slang) at school!  I feel proud when I can use it correctly and sound like a real Peruvian teenager :)
 That's all I can think of for now... I guess I'll throw in a few pictures because this is a kind of short post. (some will be older pictures, not so recent)

All of my best friends!  This was at a "school olympics" day.  From left:  Chachi (classmate), me, Tami (exchange student at my school from Canada), Emilie (exchange student at my school from Denmark)

The American exchange students posing in Arequipa during our trip
One school day, we exchange students brought food from our countries and our flags.  Above, two of my classmates used my flag as a blanket haha

This is me and some classmates after school one day!  From left: Chachi, me, Andre, Paloma, Eduardo, Karina
I don't remember if I've already posted this photo...anyways, this is me and Tami posing in our school uniforms (this is the formal uniform, which we wear on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays)

Okay, that's all for now!  Bye!

1 comment:

  1. What a great fun post! So glad you are enjoying and experiencing so much! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! Stay safe and Have fun!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete