Saturday, October 19, 2013

Little Things

Yesterday (Friday), I had school like normal, and then later that day went and had pizza at a classmate's house!  It was really fun and I had an awesome night. 

For my class trip coming up (Oct. 25th to Tarapoto, Peru) I bought the plane ticket of a girl in the class that was planning on going but then broke her foot... so today I had to get up pretty early for a Saturday (8:30) and went to some place with my host mom and the girl's dad to change the flight ticket from her name to mine.  I have also paid for my flight for my Cusco/Machu Picchu/Puno/Lago Titicaca trip, so I'm glad to have that taken care of!  After that, my host mom and I had lunch at Mcdonalds, then returned to the house, where I immediately plunked myself down on the couch with my blanket and enjoyed a nap! 

It has been a really good week!  It is getting hotter here, and the sun actually comes out some days!  It is unbelievably pleasant to be sitting on the warm clay tiles in my school's courtyard with my best friends, basking in the sun, enjoying our half hour recess together.  I have felt so happy here the last 2 weeks.  I look forward to every day, to the little things that I love, like the moment I just mentioned above, sitting in the sun with the people that make me happy.  I'm really lucky to have several close, sincere friends, which makes all the difference.  I am hoping that this good mood continues. 

As I mentioned in the second paragraph, I'll be leaving on a trip next week! 

Tarapoto is where that blue thing points to haha
It's like, right on the edge of the jungle, I think that's what I was told at least... so it should be fun!!! :D

Byeee
-Ginga

No comments:

Post a Comment