Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Nothing Really

Nothing much has happened...let me think...a few days ago I had a shopping day with my friend Emilie from Denmark, and we had lunch together too (Burger King haha).  It was a good day, I got a few tank tops (needed a few more to endure the horrible heat I'll be experiencing in Ecuador) and a few other things.  That day was the first day that I went alone in micro (bus) from my house to the area where I used to live.  Here was the process:
  1. Put bag together, remember keys, turn off TV, leave house and shut door.
  2. Go through gate, down stairs, cross residencial area courtyard, leave residencial area.
  3. Walk 4 blocks to a street called Ejercito.
  4. Cross street, wait for 5-10 minutes for the only bus that I know of that will take me back to where I used to live (a blue bus that says Ate Ate on the front).
  5. Flag down said bus when spotted.
  6. Board bus, stumble into a seat or stand if there are none.
  7. Pay 1.20 soles (approx. $0.43)
  8. Enjoy the next 45-75 minutes on the bus, depending on traffic
  9. Get up and move to front of bus (or back of bus if there's a back exit) and get off at preferred stop (the corner of Javier Prado and Aviacion)
  10. That's it.
That was quite a thorough description aha....anyways, I'm glad that now I've figured out how to get back to the area where I used to live, because pretty much all my friends live there and I know the area better.  It's quite a distance, and a pain in the butt because it means I can't really do 'spur of the moment' stuff, if I want to meet up with friends, I have to plan it out plenty in advance and typically it turns into a whole day thing because of the immense travel time. 

Today I got up early (8:30--I'm on summer break, remember) because I thought I'd be going to a friend's house (a girl from school).  So I showered and got my things ready, and was planning on going with Emilie when Emilie informed me she didn't know where the girl lived.  So I messaged the girl asking for her address a few times without response, and by the time she responded it was already near 1 o'clock (I had initially planned on leaving at 11) and I couldn't find anyone who could help me find her house so I gave up.  Oh, well.  I was a little bothered, figured it was a waste of a day, but instead decided to stop being a lazy bum and get up off the couch and I got my things together and walked to the bank (quite a ways-probably about 10 blocks or so, I don't know) and paid for my upcoming trip, all by myself.  I explained to the lady at the counter, gave her the account number, gave her the money, and emailed the voucher to the rotary lady who handles the trips.  Then I walked down the street from the bank and stopped in at a little pharmacy type thing they have here and bought some sunscreen.  Then I bought some cookies and then I walked back to the house.  I'm glad I at least accomplished something today.

Okay that's it I guess.  I'm hoping to go out tomorrow and see my friends.


Here's a cool picture I took this morning while drinking some tea.  I got a new ring because I lost my old one.  I'm happy because it was unbelievably, dirt cheap.  5 soles = $1.77

Okay that's it.  Byeeeee.





No comments:

Post a Comment