Sunday, February 16, 2014

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Thursday, if I'm remembering correctly, I went over to Chachi's house in the morning, then we picked up Emilie and all three of us (plus Chachi's mom) went to the house of someone that Chachi's mom knows and ate hamburgers and swam in the pool there.

these dopes






Friday was Valentine's Day.  Here, it is not only a day that celebrate love/couples, it also celebrates friendships.  There were tons of people out that day with heart shaped balloons, boxes of chocolates, and flowers.  I myself enjoyed a heart shaped pizza!  It was very good and I enjoyed it 4 times (that day, that night for dinner, the next morning for breakfast, and that night for dinner).  The best pizza here, in my opinion, is Papa Johns because it comes with a garlic dipping sauce which is delicious (and greasy). 

That morning I washed my laundry for my upcoming trip and packed most of my suitcase.

It was really good!

I also went down to Costa Verde that evening with my camera and caught the sunset.


Saturday...I'll try to remember....not sure what I did in the morning...Oh yeah, I went with my host mom, host sister, and host brother to a district called Barranco and we explored around there a bit and had lunch (pollo a la brasa, one of my favorites).  The we returned home, rested for about an hour, then I decided I wanted to go to Real Plaza (like a mall) so I took a bus about 40 minutes and shopped around a little bit.  I got one more tank top to bring on my trip, and also bought some drawing supplies (a sketchpad, a few pencils, charcoals) and that night I enjoyed drawing for a few hours.  I am drawing this photo (which I took):


It's turning out decent I think.  I haven't sketched in a long time.  Drawing people realistically is so hard haha.  I'll post a picture when I've finished.

Then this morning I drew some more, and currently I am having lunch (left over pollo a la brasa) and then later I might see my friend Andre, I'm not sure yet.

Tomorrow I leave for my rotary trip to the north of Peru and Ecuador.  My flight leaves at 12:55 PM.  It should be a fun time, hopefully I won't come back terribly burned :/ 

Lots of love,
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment