Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Recent Happenings

Day before yesterday...hmmm I don't quite remember, for the first part of the day I probably just watched movies on my laptop.  Then I had plans to have dinner with my friend Andre, so he came to my house and we walked to Burger King and ate and talked for a while.

Yesterday I don't really remember what I did.  I think I stayed home all day...I believe I had attempted to make plans and those plans fell through and I was annoyed and bored.  So I probably spent an obscene amount of time on Netflix....and finally decided that I had to do something so I got up and walked to the bank to use the ATM, then returned home.  Normally I wouldn't care about just relaxing at home and watching movies and stuff--having a 'lazy day'--but here I kind of consider it a wasted day because I have so little time left here and spending that precious time in the house with my laptop makes me angry.  So I always try to go out with friends and do things.  However that night I did quite enjoy watching Spirit on Netflix, that Disney movie with the horses.  That is such a good, under appreciated Disney movie!  Great music, great story haha.

Anyways, today I went to a friend's house and I brought the movie The Hunger Games; Catching Fire which I had recently purchased.  Quick explanation:

Movies here are sold one way and one way only.  Pirated.  You literally cannot find an unpirated version anywhere for purchase.  Whether it be in a shop, on the street, or occasionally spread out on a blanket on a bridge crossing the highway, the only DVDs available for purchase are pirated.  And you wouldn't believe how cheap they are.  In the US you would pay around $10 dollars for a DVD right? Maybe more...and definitely more for a new release, more around $20.  The movie that I bought here, The Hunger Games Catching Fire (a new release) and in blu-ray, cost me 3 soles.  That equals $1.06. 

ISN'T THAT INSANE?!

So the subtitles were kind of questionable but apart from that it was completely fine!  I had attempted to see that movie in theaters on like 3 different occasions and every single time my plans got screwed up so I never got to see it.  So when the opportunity came up to buy the DVD at a measly $1.06, I took advantage of it. 

Anyways, we actually only got through part of the movie and then I had to leave in order to arrive on time to my rotary meeting.  So I went to my old school where the meetings are held and attended the meeting then returned home with my host mom.

And so here I am.  Tomorrow I have plans to meet up with Emilie and Chachi, but I don't know what we'll be doing.  We are going to meet up at 4:30 so I'll probably leave the house at like 2:30 to arrive there around 3:45 and buy some headphones quick before I go to meet them (mine recently broke and I don't want to be without headphones/music during my upcoming trip).

Okay I guess that's it.  Byeeee

1 comment:

  1. HI Ginger
    I am so glad that things are going so well for you. I think it is funny that you made a comment about your time there coming to an end and you're sad and lately I have been thinking, yeah a little over 4 months and Ginger will be home. Ryan will be arriving in Brazil tomorrow morning. I texted your Mom and said wow my son will be on the opposite side of South America than your daughter. How strange is that? Both of you in South America. I wish that you two weren't so far away from each other because that would be so cool for you two to get together. We still have a lot of snow here but it is supposed to be nice this weekend. The kids at school finally got to go outside to play. Love you so much and Happy Valentines Day!
    Aunt Shari

    ReplyDelete