Sunday, April 13, 2014

Third Host Family

I moved into my third host family 2 days ago.  I'm back in San Borja now, closer to my friends and closer to my university.  My family is nice, and they are from Cuenca, Ecuador, but have lived in Lima 4 years.  I have two host sisters and I share a room with one of them.  Yesterday there was a rotary event that we went to but one of my host sisters had a problem at her university so we left early.  Today I slept in very late (12:30, latest I've slept in a long time) and just a few hours after that we went to a big mall here in Lima called Jockey Plaza.  There's tons of stores and brands, I think me and Emilie will take a shopping trip there this week or maybe next.  Anyways, we walked around there looking at stuff for a while and ate lunch there then returned home and I now I'm just chilling on the couch watching Pocahontas on my laptop haha.  I like my new family, I think everything will go well here.

Summer here seems to be ending--I don't wear shorts anymore.  It's definitely getting cooler, especially in the mornings and evenings.  By cooler I mean it now seems to be like 60s instead of 70s and 80s. 

Hmm what else...my birthday is in two weeks.  Yay.

Recovery update:  I still have a bit of pain, I think I have a pulled muscle in my upper right thigh which makes me limp and is concerning my host family.  Also my feet and ankles hurt when I walk or when I'm standing.  I'm hoooooping it will get better with time.

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment