Monday, April 28, 2014

Winter's Coming

Hello all, it's been a while since I've updated, sorry about that, I struggle to come up with things to write about sometimes haha.  Here's a few things:

  • Last week, both Paul McCartney and One Direction had concerts in Lima.  I didn't go to either of them, I would have liked to go to the One Direction concert but I don't know, I never really got up off my butt to get tickets so yeah..haha.  I did pass by their hotel though!  Unfortunately, I missed when all 5 of them walked out onto the balcony of their room to wave to the crowds of screaming peruvian girls below.  It would have been cool to see them.  
  • The 25th was my birthday!  I am now 17!  That's weird haha
  • It's is definitely cooling down here!  I think summer has ended, I stopped wearing shorts a few weeks ago.  Now it's cool in the morning and hot (with sun) in the afternoon and then chilly at night.  Soon the sun will stop coming out and it will get damp everywhere and chilly all day and then I'll know for sure that it's winter here.  
  • I don't remember when exactly, last week sometime, I saw this movie in the theater:  It's called La Cara del Diablo (The Face of the Devil).  It's a Peruvian made movie, and it was super cool because it was in Spanish and it was so great to understand everything, even the peruvian slang that they used.  And it was really funny because the movie was about this group of friends that take a trip to Tarapoto (a city in the jungle) and that was really funny to me because I went on a school trip to Tarapoto!
  • I don't remember if I talked about Easter at all, well here there was a lot less commercial influence, by that I mean that I saw no chocolate bunnies, easter baskets, dyed eggs, really nothing that makes me think of Easter in the United States.  No easter candy at all really.  I had a day or two off from University.  That was about it.
I can't think of anything else right now, byeeee people :)
-Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment