Sunday, August 11, 2013

where I left off

Well I had finished my last post saying that we were having a little goodbye party for Grace, and so she had some girls over from our class and we played cards, listened to music, ate pizza and cake, and it was quite fun.  The next day I woke up to go to my spanish classes.  Grace was leaving that day and she had just begun packing so that concerned me haha.  I went to spanish classes, learned nothing (the classes are fairly pointless lol), and stayed afterwards for lunch that the Rotex (past exchange students) threw.  But I didn't like the food at all (it was meat--pig back, tomato slices, cucumber slices, plain lettuce... not my cup of tea).  Afterwards, Emilie and I walked back to my house and she stayed for just a few hours.  During those few hours, my host mom, dad, and sister left to buy a few more things for grace's exchange, and to buy a new suitcase because her other suitcase was too small.  They returned at like, 7, and Grace continued her packing.  We didn't end up leaving for the airport until like 9:30, and arrived at about 10.  Her flight left at about midnight, so while everyone was taking pictures with grace, I was like 'dude, you're going to miss your flight!'.  And then she left.  I was sad because, well, she was a good host sister and helped me with everything, and also, being in the airport made me remember when I left and it made me homesick. 

And so now I have a day off (sunday is really my only day off because i have school everyday and then I return to school on saturdays for spanish classes) and I dont know if we have any plans, but currently I am watching the Big Bang Theory, which is quite a funny show (id never seen it before I got here).  And my host mom is altering my host sister's skirt for my school uniform (she's making it a little shorter because its really long).  And Im hungry,  so i hope we have lunch soon, and I hope it's something I like, because unfortunately I have not liked the majority of the food here.  Well I'll go now because I dont know what else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment