Monday, December 16, 2013

I dun gradadjutatid

I must be so darn smart to have graduated at 16!!! Hahahaha I'm just kidding xd

A few nights ago I had my graduation from Colegio Santa Rosa de Lima.  We put on our awkwardly-short, dark blue robes and our uncomfortably-fitting hats and we were called one by one into the dim room (Jean-jair Peen-care-tone= Ginger Pinkerton).  Although I was still pretty sick, coughing, and miserable most of the night, it was still an enjoyable evening.  I received my diploma (with my name spelled correctly) and a nice silver bracelet (with my name etched in it--also spelled correctly!!).  I had someone take photos for me because they wouldn't let me keep my camera around my neck over my robes haha.

Here are some photos of everyone:

Me and Chachi before the graduation
Two of my classmates: Eduardo and Solange
The coolest people ever (AKA the exchange students of Colegio Santa Rosa de Lima 2013)  From left: Victor (Belgium), Emilie (Denmark), Me (USA), Tami (Canada)
Mid-graduation
That would be me walking up to the stage
And that would be me with my diploma!
This was when the whole class was singing a song they had prepared, and I was laughing because it went terribly and was such a fail
Throwing the hats--one landed in the cake
Me and Tami post-graduation
Me and some classmates: From left:  Raul, me, Eduardo, Andre
So that was my graduation!  It was funny because we were supposed to be there at 6o'clock to go over last minute stuff, and I got there at 6:40, and I was like "oohhh shoot I am suuuper late, I'm going to be in trouble" and we walked into the building and there was only like, 6 other people there hahaha.  That's Peru for ya!  (Be there at 6 actually means 'acceptable to arrive around 7')

Also, this is unrelated to the graduation, but a week ago or so, I found a small section of American soda in cans (it doesn't come in cans here) in one of the bigger Peruvian grocery stores called Metro.  And it wasn't badly priced, either (3 soles a can=a little over 1 $ USD).  There was Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke, Cherry 7-UP (didn't even know that existed), Dr. Pepper.  It was awesome, because apart from that small section in that grocery store, you can't buy those here (it's more of a novelty it seems).  So I bought a can of Vanilla Coke and then afterwards enjoyed taking pictures of the can, for some reason.


That's the can sitting on the ledge outside my front door, with a cool view of all the banks that surround my house.  I was using a setting on my camera that let's me pick one color that shows up (red, obviously, in this one) and the rest shows up black and white.

And that would be the can, plus my friend Eduardo's hand.  I just thought it really looked cool, like it popped out with the flash.

Moving on to something else.  Tomorrow is my prom!  I am both nervous and quite excited.  And here is something that will shock all of you readers, I'm sure.........it is from 7:30 PM to 4 AM.  FOUR IN THE MORNING!  Now that's a party!  One of my classmates told me that if they had chosen to pay more, the hotel would have provided breakfast!  Our prom is being held at a hotel called Los Delfines.  It is a suuuuuper elegant and classy place, like seriously, I have never been inside but I drove past it once, it's in a super rich area of San Isidro and it is ginormous.  Just another reason I'm nervous hahaha.  That and:
  1. I will be expected to dance 
  2. I cannot dance
  3. I will be wearing high, platform heels
  4. I have never worn heels in my life
  5. I tried walking around in my heels this morning and I am positive I looked like a moron
  6. Now imagine me in those heels, attempting to dance
  7. Now you get it?
hahaha...so yeah. Just a tad nervous.

And before I end this post, here is a nice picture that I took last week I think. 

View from my house
Okay that will be all.
Byeee
-Ginga

No comments:

Post a Comment