Thursday, December 26, 2013

Navidad!

Hello! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  Mine was enjoyable, and a bit different from what I'm used to.

Well, I went with my host brother's to pick up our turkey at around 8 something, I don't remember...

At around 9:30, me, my host parents, and my host brothers went over to my host dad's mom's house (aka my host siblings' grandma) just to visit I guess, and I ate some turkey, then we returned back to our house at about 11. 

Then there was some more eating, and my host mom's family was over to celebrate with us. 

Preparing the table

Me with my host dad and host brothers
This is a bread they eat a lot around Christmas...I don't like it haha

So yeah, we ate at about 11, and starting around 11, people all over Lima started setting off fireworks, up until probably 3 AM.  So I went out and watched my host brothers set off some fireworks in the park in front of our house, and we also went up on the little roof of our building to see some.  And by fireworks, I mean fireworks, not just little fountains on the sidewalk haha.

Merry Christmas!

And then we returned inside to open presents a little after midnight I think.  As the youngest, I was appointed 'santa' ...in other words, I was given the job of passing out the presents, and announcing their recipients and whatnot. 

I got Froot Loops!
And then after everyone finished with their gifts, I was pretty tired, so I excused myself to bed at about 2 AM.  And then slept until like 12:30 the next day.

So then at about 1:30, I Skyped with my family.  And didn't do much the rest of the day.  The 25th was just a normal day, all the Christmas stuff was done on the 24th.

So that was Christmas! 

2 comments:

  1. So glad I called your Mom just at the right time. So I got to hear your voice. Love you sweet Ginger. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete